cali- with writing

Saturday, March 16, 2013

weeks 13 to 15..


How far along?:  13 weeks
Weight gain: 4 total
Cravings: sweets!! broke down and had a donut..
Maternity clothes:  bella band
Symptoms: nausea more intense this week and getting sick every day.. super tired and bloated!
This week: was pretty non eventful.. i just spend a lot of my days trying to not fall asleep or be sick :-) i stop my progesterone at the end of this week.. I have to admit I am a bit anxious about it :-( it has (in my head) become my safety net.. but I know that God is far more responsible for this baby being with me than that suppository!
How's daddy doing?: Great!! So helpful, as always! He feels a little sorry for the baby because I keep calling the baby a "she".. and he thinks it could actually be a "he". Ha..
How's Robert doing?: Still talking about babies and how they “cry”.. I am trying to teach him other things babies do like giggle!

IMG_4327

How far along?:  14 weeks
Weight gain: 4 total
Cravings: pickles, sweets
Maternity clothes:  i busted out the maternity jeans and they feel good! i have to wear the band around them though to keep them up!
Symptoms: tired, nausea/ vomiting, feeling HUGE at night
Gender prediction: girl.. 
This week: It’s been a rough week... I stopped my progesterone on Wednesday night.. at first I had no issues besides random hot flashes.. ha.. but then on Friday, I noticed my uterus contracting when I was getting up from my nap. I could feel it and SEE it. It looks like an eggplant coming out of my abdomen. By the next day I just wasn’t feeling well and was so tired.. and a little worried. I went to my doctor on Monday and she confirmed they were contractions. Thankfully, they are not doing anything to my cervix. I had these with Robert too. They started around the same time. With Robert, I was in and out of the Er getting fluids and terbutaline until 32 weeks when the contractions started to dilate me and I had effacement. That landed me on some bedrest and nifedipine until 37 weeks. So, now, here I am again. My doctor was super reassuring. Because Robert was term (even though it took some effort to get him there!), I am actually quite low risk. Some women have a more overactive or irritable uterus than others.. and we don’t know why. She didn’t feel like I needed to go back on progesterone because Robert was term. We will just watch me close and continue to measure my cervix. I was pretty bummed with all this going on.. but the good news is that I got to hear that sweet heart beat again at my appointment :-) Never gets old!
How's daddy doing?: He’s great! He is happy that the little one is safe and sound!
How's Robert doing?: Good! He is keeping me busy :-) We had lots of playdates, a birthday party, a trip to the zoo, park dates and speech therapy this week. We had so much fun, but mama was tired!! 

IMG_4347

How far along?:  15 weeks
Weight gain: 5 total
Cravings: donuts.. but I am resisting :-) also got some girl scout cookies this week.. trying to limit myself.. those things are EVIL
Maternity clothes:  bella band and some maternity jeans.. also pulled out a couple maternity shirts. I am showing WAY earlier this time around!
Symptoms: Nausea and vomiting has really eased up! I only had one bad day of puking this week :-) I am starting to get some energy back but am pretty tired at the end of the day still. I can feel this sweet baby moving sometimes :-) 
Gender prediction: i don’t know!! find out next week!! 
This week: We went to Vancouver to see Rob’s parents this week. We had a great week! We got to tell Rob’s grandma that we are pregnant. She said she already knew :-) and was so excited. The baby did great on his/ her fist plane ride too! Traveling definitely wore me out being pregnant, but it was worth it. 
How's daddy doing?: Good! He loves going home and showing Robert and I around. 
How's Robert doing?: Oh he is in HEAVEN! He has spent the week riding trains, flying on planes and being spoiled by his grandparents! Cute note.. when we tell him there is a baby in mommy’s tummy, he tells us there is one in his too :-) He sticks out his tummy and points to it!


No comments:

Post a Comment