How far along?: 23 weeks
Weight gain: 15 total
Cravings: sweets.. always
Maternity clothes: yes!!
Stretch marks? : nope
Symptoms: more and more contractions, trouble sleeping, swelling
Movement: YES! So sweet.
Gender prediction: GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!
This week: We went to Monterey for a work function for Rob. It was so much fun! His company rented out the Monterey Bay Aquarium Saturday night. We had a blast having the place to ourselves. Robert and I got to feed the manna rays. He loved it! Traveling is definitely starting to become more difficult. Lots of contractions by Sunday!
How’s Robert doing?: Great! He was in heaven in Monterey. He LOVED the aquarium.. and has been talking about the fish since then! While Rob was at meetings, him and I walked a couple miles down a trail to the beach. It was so fun to roll up our jeans and splash in the water. This little boy loves the ocean as much as we do. It was such a great time with my boy.. I got a little teary eyed on the beach watching him play. There I was on a sunny day in CA watching Robert laugh at the waves and feeling Lauren move all around inside me. I am so blessed. God is good!
How’s daddy doing?: Good!! He had a great weekend too! He did a lot of the driving this weekend so I could keep my feet up.. and I am so grateful! Some progress has been made in the office.. but nothing to brag about ;-)
How far along?: 24 weeks
Weight gain: 16 total
Cravings: cereal, vinegar dressings, salsa
Maternity clothes: yes!!
Stretch marks? : nope, but itchy skin!
Miss anything?: sleep.. and I know that won’t change any time soon!
Symptoms: crazy RLS, insomnia, hip pain
Movement: YES! She goes crazy when she hears her daddy and brother!
Gender prediction: GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!
This week: We had the 24 week appointment. The doctor checked my cervix because of the increased uterine activity, and thank goodness, all looked well! I got the official report that the anatomy scan looked perfectly normal.. YAY!! My cervix is also measuring a normal length. SUCH a relief. My blood pressure is still really low. I am definitely dizzy at times, but nothing too crazy! My next appointment will be at 28 weeks for the 1 hour glucose test and some blood work. We also celebrated mother’s day with lots of yummy food and beautiful flowers.. and the best part, I slept in until 10! YAY!
How’s Robert doing?: Great! He came to the doctor with me and cried when the baby couldn’t come out to play trains. He thought for sure we were going to the doctor to get Lauren out to play. Sweet guy! I told him that she couldn’t play until she was big and strong. He seemed satisfied with that answer for now :-) We also started a play date group with some of his future classmates this week. We had a lot of fun! I am hoping it will make the first day a little easier.. stay tuned.
How’s daddy doing?: Good! The bookshelves for the living room arrived and Rob got those all put together for me. We also cleaned out the garage some and got a lot of things in the office organized. We brought Robert downtown to the train museum with some friends this weekend too and had so much fun! The boys both really LOVED it.. it’s hard to say who had more fun.. the big or little Rob ;-)
How far along?: 25 weeks
Weight gain: 18 total
Cravings: chocolate
Maternity clothes: yes! and i am using the bella band with some shorts.. it is working out great!
Stretch marks? : nope
Miss anything?: sleep.. and maybe a margarita :-)
Symptoms: back pain, contractions, hip pain, and just feeling more and more pregnant. I am realizing my body needs me to slow down some! Weird fact: I am barely having to shave my legs.. at all. I LOVE IT! :-)
Movement: YES! She goes crazy when she hears her daddy and brother!
Gender prediction: GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!
This week: We got some prints for her nursery as well as a new slipcover for the glider. I also came to the realization that I may have a shopping problem. Little one has a lot of clothes.. in my defense, all was on sale and it is just so cute.
I also went to Seattle this weekend to see two of my best friends, Devon and Trish. We had so much fun and it was great to hang out with the girls for a couple days!
How’s Robert doing?: Great! He is talking a lot about the baby and being a big brother. He talks about everything the baby will do with him.. ride in the car, play trains, get on planes, watch TV. It is SO PRECIOUS. Funny side note: We got him a big brother book to try and help prepare him. It is mostly such a sweet book.. talking about mom’s growing tummy, safe toys for baby, washing hands, etc.. but then we turn the page and wow... there is a diagram of the “birth canal”. We just skipped that page and said “mommy goes to the doctor so that they can take baby Lauren out of her tummy”.. ha. Note to self: proofread all books :-)
How’s daddy doing?: Good! Super dad/ husband of the year. He has made MAJOR progress in the office as well as cleaned out a few other places.. AND he watched little Robert while I went to Seattle to see my friends. He and Robert had a BLAST. They made a trip to the train museum as well as the the train station downtown to watch some real choo choo’s in action. They went to all of Robert’s favorite places to eat and stayed up way to late for mom’s standards. It was so sweet to hear about! I am a lucky girl to have such a sweet husband.






No comments:
Post a Comment