cali- with writing

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

bump update: weeks 18-22


How far along?:  18 weeks
Weight gain: 8 total 
Cravings:  fruits, sweets
Maternity clothes:   bella band, some jeans, a few shirts
Stretch marks? : nope
Symptoms: Feeling good this week! Some contractions and hip pain, but overall no big issues. Still in a high energy kick!
Movement: Yes and lots of it! Daddy got to feel her kick for the first time this week :-) Such an awesome moment! 
Gender predictionGIRL!!!!!!!!!!!
This week: Was a busy week! I am an organizing machine! I have cleaned out the pantry, kitchen drawers, and a closet. All of Robert’s furniture was delivered as well as him and baby girl’s bedding. We picked out the guest bedroom furniture, had to old furniture picked up, and got quotes from painters. WOO! We also ordered some window shades and black out window coverings for the kids’ rooms. They should be here in 2 weeks!
How’s Robert doing?:  He is great! It is so cute with all the people coming in and out of his house. He is super protective of his mommy! I can tell he is definitely sensing a change.. he is all about mommy these days!
How’s daddy doing?: Wonderful! He has been working some this week and being a huge help around the house.



How far along?:  19 weeks
Weight gain: 9 total 
Cravings:  fruits, salsa
Maternity clothes:   bella band, some jeans, a few shirts
Stretch marks? : nope
Symptoms: hip pain, back pain, swelling in ankles, growing belly, contractions.. I was so busy last week and I think it all caught up with me. I have also had a return of the nausea and vomiting this week.. only lasted a couple days. Thank goodness!
Movement: Sweet girl is super active right before I fall asleep. I love it!! Robert was very active at this time of day too :-) 
Gender predictionGIRL!!!!!!!!!!!
This week: Was another busy week! The guest room furniture was delivered, the guest room painted, and more stuff came for Robert and Lauren’s rooms. I cannot wait to see it all together! Aunt Hannah also came in town this week! Can I just say how WONDERFUL it was to have my sister here? Oh I just loved it and cried when she left. We had the best time. We just ran around town and laughed. We went to Napa with Rob and Robert for some of the time.. so fun. I wish she lived closer!
How’s Robert doing?:  He is wonderful. He LOVES his aunt Hannah and loved having her here. They have such a special bond and easy bond. He loved Napa.. LOVED. He was so well behaved and kept asking for more “wines” (wineries). I chose all kid friendly ones so each one had something for him to see.. ducks, sky tram up a mountain, balls to play with, etc. Napa will be a separate post ;-)
How’s daddy doing?: Good! He really enjoyed having Hannah here and Napa as well and has been loving feeling his little girl move around. He is getting more serious about cleaning out the office (aka Robert’s big boy room).. woohoo!



How far along?:  20 weeks
Weight gain: 11 total 
Cravings:  fruits, salsa
Maternity clothes:   yes!! still have a few shirts and pants I can get away with, but my belly has POPPED!
Stretch marks? : nope
Symptoms: contractions, hip pain, and this crazy right sided pain in my lower abdomen. at first, i thought maybe it was round ligament pain, but it stuck around. i went to the doctor to have it checked out. they think it was a ruptured ovarian cyst left over from the first trimester. ouch!! the pain is easing up everyday and we are just so grateful that little miss is ok. my cervix was long and closed up tight! yay!
Movement: YES! All the time. It is super easy to see now. She has started to respond to her daddy’s and brother’s voices :-) 
Gender predictionGIRL!!!!!!!!!!!
This week: I got my diaper bag in and I am SO EXCITED!! Also got some cute outfits for her, including these skinny polka-dot jeans! 
Ah! I just can’t can’t get enough of these girly clothes. We are getting more and more stuff in for her nursery.. here is a peek at her bedding. I love it!

IMG_4534
IMG_4533

How’s Robert doing?:  He is wonderful. He is working very hard on potty training and doing quite well! We have noticed he is more attached to me than ever. He likes to know where I am at all times. I think he is sensing a BIG change is coming. Sweet boy!
How’s daddy doing?: Good! He has been helping me go through things and get organized. I think he may be nesting too sometimes! The office clean out is SLOW and steady.. guess I can’t complain!




How far along?:  21 weeks
Weight gain: 12 total 
Cravings:  mango, grapes
Maternity clothes:   yes!! i can still pull off a few shirts/ shorts, but am much more comfortable in maternity pants these days!
Stretch marks? : nope
Symptoms: Feeling pretty good this week! Still some hip pain, but overall, not too much to say!
Movement: YES! All the time! I can feel her all the time now, even when I am busy and running around throughout the day. 
Gender predictionGIRL!!!!!!!!!!!
This week: We had the BIG ultrasound. I’ll admit I was a little nervous! Everything went very well. She was asleep when we started, all snuggled up to my uterus. We had to wake her up to get some good pictures. Her heart, brain, kidneys, spine, diaphragm, and growth all looked perfect. She is measuring a bit ahead, something her brother never did. She must have switched positions a million times during the sono. I love how active and happy she seems in there. She is her brother’s mini me 100%.

IMG_4958
IMG_4960

How’s Robert doing?:  He is doing very well. We got him all signed up for preschool this week and started back with gymnastics classes. He talks about his baby sister quite a bit. It is so sweet! 
How’s daddy doing?: Great! He was so happy to see his sweet girl and get the good report. We had the black out shades and curtains installed this week and ordered some new bookshelves. Nesting is in full blown overdrive in this house! We also had our monthly date night which was really fun!



How far along?:  22 weeks
Weight gain: 14 total 
Cravings:  oatmeal, cereal, fruit snacks
Maternity clothes: yes!!
Stretch marks? : nope
Symptoms: back pain, hip pain, and some MAJOR restless leg syndrome. my body feels more tired this week.
Movement: YES! She’s a busy busy girl. Here is a video :-) Wait until after I move the remote to see the action..


Gender predictionGIRL!!!!!!!!!!! We have a name picked out and have for awhile.. since before Robert. Her name is Lauren Renee. I have loved the name Lauren since I was in middle school.. it is just so feminine and pretty. Renee is my middle name and I am so happy to share this with her. So, miss Lauren Renee :-) Our sweet girl!
This week: Has been so exhausting. I feel like we are always on the go. Work has been busy, Robert has been busy, and just life in general! 
How’s Robert doing?:  Great! Really enjoying the sunny weather. We have been talking more and more about the baby sister in my belly. One night I was lying next to Robert and Rob on the couch and Lauren was doing a dance in my tummy listening to their voices. I put Robert’s hand on my stomach and she just kicked him as hard as she could. Robert smiled SO BIG. Then looked under my shirt, giggling, and laid on my stomach awhile. Rob and I both agree.. it was one of the most precious moments of our lives. I can tell Lauren loves her big brother.. and I think he loves her too!




How’s daddy doing?: Good! Busy with work and had to go to Oakland to give 2 presentations.. we are looking forward to having him back! The office cleaning is at a stand still :-( BUT he knows he has only a couple weeks until I get in there and just do it myself (aka throw away a lot of things! ha)



No comments:

Post a Comment