cali- with writing

Thursday, July 25, 2013

bump update: weeks 30-34


How far along?:  30 weeks
Weight gain: 22 total 
Cravings: ice, salads, salsa
Maternity clothes: yes!! of course!
Stretch marks? : nope.. some crazy veins though!
Miss anything?: sleep, being able to get comfortable
Symptoms: hip pain, feeling faint, breathlessness, vomiting if I eat too much, swelling in legs, contractions- really crazy strong contractions at times! I have at least 2-3 contractions every hour.. some hours up to 8. 
Movement: YES! all the time.. I love it. I am always trying to guess if she has flipped! I really think she is changing positions all the time!
Gender predictionGIRL!!!!!!!!!!! 
This week: Was a lot more laid back than the last.. no visits to l&d! I got to celebrate two really sweet friends and I loved that! jacquie had a baby shower for her sweet little boy, ian. can’t wait to meet this sweey guy.. jac and i have been pregnant now twice together and i am just so thankful for her! we also went to lisa’s graduation party.. she got her bsn! woohoo! we are so proud of her and loved the date night/ party!
 How’s Robert doing?: He is doing great! He is so excited because he got a new bike (a tricycle) and he loves to ride it while daddy rides his bike. One of his favorite parts is the helmut, and we are very happy about that! we have been talking a TON about school and his big boy room.. he seems to be excited for both. Time will tell :-) He has been doing great with potty training.. even wearing big boy underwear some days with just a few accidents!
How’s daddy doing?: Great! Major nesting mode.. the office is DONE and painted with a new ceiling fan installed :-) YAY!!!!!!! 


How far along?:  31 weeks
Weight gain: 23 total 
Cravings: snow cones, ice, fruity candy
Maternity clothes: yes!
Stretch marks? : nope.. some crazy veins though!
Miss anything?: sleep, energy, normal clothes
Symptoms: Hip pain, RLS, insomnia.. I am up all night long stretching, walking around the house. Some nights are worse than others, but it has been hard to beat the pain lately. I will be falling asleep, but then my legs will just start moving. It is really the craziest thing! Also been having my usual contractions. I am very curious to see what my cervix looks like at my 32 weeks appointment!
Movement: YES! all the time.. I love it. I am pretty sure I feel some hiccups from time to time. 
Gender predictionGIRL!!!!!!!!!!! 
This week: Oh this week.. It has been crazy. To summarize, Robert has started preschool, moved to his big boy bed, completely regressed in potty training, and started swim lessons. More on him below. It has been a busy, hectic, stressful week to say the least.. and it has been hitting record highs here where we live.. 109 today. Not so fun at nearly 8 months pregnant!! 
Robert’s room is about 75% set up. We still have a book shelf to assemble, lamp to buy, and things to hang on the wall. Overall, it looks very good and he seems to like it a lot. I have washed all of Lauren’s clothes and got them hung up in the closet. I also sorted through all of Robert’s clothes, put some away to store, and organized the rest in his new room/ dresser. I am NESTING :-) 
Also, this week, my sweet sweet sweet friend, Sarah, made all my dreams come true by staging a gender balloon reveal. I just had casually mentioned one day how cute I thought the idea was.. fast forward a few weeks and she has the whole set up waiting on me at her house. I can't tell you how much I love this girl!



How’s Robert doing?: Oh this sweet guy.. well, two nights before school started he chose to sleep in his big boy bed and has not gone back to the crib since then. Our intention was to do one thing at a time, but we also didn’t want to stop him from trying it out if he wanted to! Overall, he has done very well. It is a little harder to get him to sleep, but nothing too major. Go Robert! :-) Then, preschool started. Oh my goodness. The first day, he did great with drop off but then lost it half way through the day. He did NOT want to go back. The second day, the drop off was terrible.. he was so sad and crying, but then he had a much better day the rest of the day. I will do a whole separate post on preschool.. but needless to say, it has been a very emotional week at our house. From the day preschool started, he started acting out in ways we have never seen before. It was/ is gut wrenching and hard to handle at times. We know it is normal, but that doesn’t make it much easier! Each day is better and I pray it continues in that direction. Potty training has completely gone out the window for now. I know he can do it.. we will focus on it more in a couple weeks once preschool isn't so traumatic. He also seems to be REALLY catching on to the fact that a baby is on it’s way.. he has been baby talking and telling me “i mommy’s baby”.  It is just such a huge adjustment period.. he has so much going on and I really feel for him. All of it will be great in the end, but the poor guy. MAJOR mom guilt over here. 
On a positive note, he seemed happy after school today! He has also been loving swim lessons with daddy. He has made so much progress from last year.. more on that in a separate post :)
How’s daddy doing?: Great! He has been working so hard to get Robert’s room perfect. Always the rational one, he has been much less emotional about the acting out, tears at preschool, and regression in the potty area. He keeps reassuring me how normal it is :-) It has been hard on him too, don’t get me wrong, but he has such a great attitude about it all! He and Robert have been doing swim lessons together and Rob has LOVED it. It is their thing.. and I love going to watch!  




How far along?:  32 weeks
Weight gain: 24 total 
Cravings: peaches, cereal
Maternity clothes: yes!
Stretch marks? : nope.. some crazy veins though!
Miss anything?: sleep, energy
Symptoms: Hip pain, nausea/ vomiting, contractions, dizziness, swelling, and anxiety :-( we have so much going on, and if I am being honest, I have been feeling a bit anxious about it all lately. I am worried about Robert adjusting/ preschool/ having two kids/ getting everything done/ working more this month/ etc etc. 
Movement: YES! all the time.. I love it. She seems to move so much more than her brother!
Gender predictionGIRL!!!!!!!!!!! 
This week: Has been another busy one! It has been full of work, swim lessons, birthday parties, and preschool. I also had a doctors appointment. Lauren looked perfect and measuring right on track. As of now, I am not having any cervical changes and we are so thankful for that! My doctor warned me that that could change very fast and ways that I should take it easy as I can. I am not very good at relaxing/ sitting down  so we had a good talk about all that. We also talked a lot about the “birth plan”. Lauren is still not in the vertex position. She is oblique with her head down at my left hip and legs up in my right lung. If I start having regular contractions, I am to make myself NPO and not labor at all at home. I will go straight into L&D and be prepped for c-section if she is not turned yet. If she has, they will admit me, and I will go about it the traditional way :-) I presented with Robert to L&D at a 6cm, 100% effaced, so I have a history of being quick! It made me feel good to have a plan. We talked about ECV or version to move Lauren into the correct birthing position.. but after a lot of discussion with Rob and prayer, we have decided not to do that. If Lauren chooses to move, great. If not, we won’t make her! 
How’s Robert doing?: Robert is doing much better this week. We are definitely still noticing some odd behaviors on his part as far as acting act, but we are just trying to roll with it. He had a great week full of friends and swimming. We are hugging him a little tighter and staying with him a little longer at night before bed. We love our sweet boy so much and are so proud of him! 
How’s daddy doing?: He is good! He has started back to his 24 hour shifts this week at work so that is a bummer. He has been helping me so much getting the house together and ready to go! He has also been helping me rest. I am so thankful for Rob- words could never describe! He had some pictures for Robert’s room framed and got those up on the wall- they look great!! 

the only bare belly shot that will ever ever appear on this blog!

How far along?:  33 weeks
Weight gain: 23 total 
Cravings: fruit, fruit, fruit. It’s all I want!
Maternity clothes: yes!
Stretch marks? : nope.. some crazy veins though!
Miss anything?: I would not mind a margarita!!
Symptoms: Cramping, hip pain, swelling, RLS, contractions.. and horrible nausea/ feeling full. There are some days where food just doesn’t sound good. I get full so easily! I have spurts of energy for a day or two and then am super tired others. 
Movement: YES! So much!! It’s enough to keep me up at night!
Gender predictionGIRL!!!!!!!!!!! 
This week: Has been busy, busy (I say this every week!). Between work, gymnastics, preschool, and play dates.. we are always on the go!! It is so great, but also a little tiring for this mama! I have not been feeling very good.. just an overall yucky feeling.. so it has made some of the days very interesting! 
I have finished washing all the bedding, blankets, and clothes for sweet Lauren. The crib is all set up, the furniture moved, and a few things are even on the walls! Yay! I am really loving how it is all coming together. 
This week was also my shower! It was such a great time with some amazing friends. My sweet friend, Carrie, organized it and it all turned out so well. I am very thankful for all the friends I have made in the last 4 years since we have moved to CA. I am one lucky and blessed girl!!





How’s Robert doing?: He is doing great. Every day at preschool is a little easier, although the drop offs are still pretty teary and sad :-( He seems to be loving his new room and all the things we are doing to make it home for him. I can tell he is having  hard time with all the changes.. his behavior is not as bad, but he is very very clingy and more emotional lately. He is still his sweet self most of the time and we continue to be so proud of him. Oh.. and.. HE POOPED ON THE POTTY!!!! :-) 
He is loving gymnastics and his language is really taking off! He seems so old to me.. and it makes me sad. I cried as we adjusted the crib for Lauren. I just can’t believe he is done with it! It makes me so happy and sad at the same time (pregnancy hormones much?)
How’s daddy doing?: Great! He is working so much but still manages to be a HUGE help. He spent Saturday test driving BMWs in the bay area so he was in heaven! He is so so so so helpful every night when he gets home. I am very thankful for him!   


How far along?:  34 weeks
Weight gain: 25 total 
Cravings: peaches, ice, salsa
Maternity clothes: yes! i surprisingly have a few non maternity shirts I wear, but the rest is definitely maternity :-)
Stretch marks? : nope.. some crazy veins though! 
Miss anything?: sleep, always
Symptoms: RLS, hip pain, nausea/ vomiting, very very itchy skin, INSOMNIA 
Movement: YES! She gets the hiccups every night around 10pm :-) little sugar.
Gender predictionGIRL!!!!!!!!!!! 
This week: Was another crazy week! I started working 3 days a week while my boss is out of town.. and it, of course, has been crazy busy! Ah! Robert had a few social activities this week.. and ice cream social and a chick fil a lunch date with his school friends. We had so much fun at both! We also had some company.. Aunt Shalani and cousin Elliot came in town to help us celebrate Robert’s birthday a little early with a party! Robert loved having Elliot in the house.. a constant playmate :-)
At work, my sweet co-workers made Lauren a beautiful diaper cake with all kids of goodies attached. I loved it. They even brought me my favorite chocolate chip cookies. Love those ladies!




How’s Robert doing?: Great! He had such a great week with friends and his cousin. We had his birthday party at a place called Bounce U this year. It was a BLAST!! I wanted to make sure Robert had the spotlight to celebrate his birthday, so we planned all the festivities a month ahead of time. It turned out so wonderful and we had a great group of kiddos there. More on his party to come in another post :-)
His potty training is going very well again! I hoping it really starts to click in the next week or so! He also continues to do better every day at school. His teacher even commented on how much his speech is improving :-) YAY!
How’s daddy doing?: Good! He loved having his sister and nephew in town. He also loved the birthday party and all the bounce houses :-) It was hard to tell who was enjoying the huge slides more.. the dads or the kids ;-) We finally got the right bookshelf in for Robert’s room so he also go that all set up for me. It looks so great! I will need to post pics of the room!



No comments:

Post a Comment